Monday, May 09, 2011

Out of the Box

- Dragonflies & Poises

There are too many cute ideas out in the blog world... and then in magazines and then in books... I'm having so much fun trying to CASe card ideas and then add my own touch.

I met someone a while ago that bought a new electronic crafting tool (It's called a Cricut)... a personal cutting machine, she was so excited about it.... but it cost her over $300 for this 'gadget'. I can't say that I'd ever want one that bad to buy it (love to win those type of prizes!!) .... but then I also read on a blog that someone else bought the same 'gadget' and hasn't even taken it out of the box. But they just had to HAVE IT. To me, that is crazy.... although at times I think I 'hoard' paper or little embellishments because the are cute to look at... and in a soothing sense, make me happy... I would never be willing to spend that kind of money on something I'd never take out of the box.... whew!

I was in our local Wal-Mart ( is that one of those Box stores) the other day.... during lunch hour. I would NEVER go there on a weekend. Have you seen the crazy email that circles around with pictures of Wal-Mart shoppers.... it is pretty scary. Every time I leave that store I ask myself.... why in the world did I come here???? Although I personally think the store is very clean, well lit and they do have 'deals' on some things..... I just can't get over the poor service.... every time!!

The first thing I noticed is that people do not know how to drive in the parking lot. People going up the down or walking down the middle of the road aisle. Then when I pulled my cart, I seem to get the one with the wobbly wheel or it squeaks every time it goes around. This is funny.... the greeter was facing inside the store. His back toward the entrance.... I don't know how he was going to say Hello to us. And then everyone shopping that day was buying groceries for the month... so the 5 lanes they had open were filled with large purchases. I went to the "speedy checkout" (20 items or less) which I think is an oxymoron. There is NO SUCH THING as a speedy check out at Wal-Mart. And once again, as I walk out.... I say to myself... I'm not coming back here.

Now I know why more people are buying things on line!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Peggy. these are so cute! Love them :) I love to buy online!

Peggy said...

I'm understanding the appeal to order online.... for me it will probably be anything but clothes (can't predict the sizes anymore) .... You are one smart lady Kim!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin