Wednesday, September 05, 2012

It's No Can of Tuna

 What do you do if no one in your house eats tuna? 
You find the next best thing.... Altoids.  Okay, let me clarify the situation.... a SHINEworks challenge was given  to re purpose a Tuna Can, but since we don't eat Tuna in our house (never quite acquired the taste)... I just used the next best thing I had in my stash.... a mint container.
I admit it! 
It is so much easier to 'come up with ideas' while surfing through Pinterest.  You can find anything there, from meaningful quotes to amazing cupcake recipes.  There are fantastic fashion combinations, to ways to decorate the perfect gift.  And there are even ways to re-purpose an Altoid Tin.... check out the link here at the Nature of Crafty Things!

I have some really cute patterned paper that I thought would work perfect for this little tin.  Its a little Hippy Chick by DCWV.  Matching ribbon to go around the lid base and then "lolli" flowers with a button on top. Perfect, easy and ready in under about 10 minutes!

 I just traced the can shape on to the back of the paper.  Cute inside the lines and then glued the paper to the can. Added a few matching embellishments.  Notice, I also added patterned paper inside the tin!

A gift card fits inside perfectly!!!! 
Hey, if you are a small hoarder of Altoid tin cans, save me a few, I'd love to make a few more gift card holders!!!!

It's amazing what you CAN do when you try!
pinterest

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tuna is so healthy! SMILE! I eat tuna, that sounds good for lunch! Your tin is so adorable! Love the colors and that rosette! CUTE!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin