Monday, September 17, 2012

Nine Lives

I'm free!

I just purchased a new book Steal Like An Artist by Austin Kleon . . . and he says it's okay for me to 'steal' some of my ideas for card making.

Remember? I often say that I CASe projects.... a term used in the what I'm familiar with in the paper crafting world, C-copy A-and S-steal E-everything!!! (or the S could mean SHARE)

Creative work builds off of something, so nothing is EXACTLY original.  Whew.... I said it and now I feel better!

I recently got an order for some birthday cards, so instantly that gives me a spark to create more for my stash.  It gives me a purpose to focus on one genre.... now, to figure out some fun and whimsical birthday greetings.  Above is one!

The smart kitty cat is a doodle from Penny Black designs. I found a 'similar' layout while blogging.  What I eventually ended up with was built with the papers in my stash and then I played with the tilt of the image,  then I punched out swirls and popped up flowers with sparkly centers. I changed the balloon colors a bit to match the paper colors. I added a sentiment after the picture was taken.... Happy Birthday!

I think there is more to my fun new project of  'stealing'.  Well, mainly, not feeling so guilty when I build something creative off of existing wonder!

There is nothing new under the sun. Ecclesiastes 1:9

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin