Saturday, December 28, 2013

It's About Time

Tell the audience what you're going to say, say it; then tell them what you've said. ~ Dale Carnegie

 
Week #52 LIFE'S Simple Pleasures - walking the walk and talking the talk
 
I did it! 
 
I found some of LIFE'S simple pleasures and documented them every week of 2013.  If you are looking for some fun reading and want to discover the little things ... check out some of my different posts throughout this year.
 
Topics through the last quarter of the year include: shoes, circle, bed, Halloween, discovering, Random Acts of Kindness, music, thankful, it's a sign, winter, Christmas and finally..... stating what I was going to do, doing what I say I was going to do and and finally completing what I set out to do!

One of the mission statements over at the House of Shine is: Don't think too much and do/be/create as much as possible
 
And throughout this entire year I was on the hunt to find the simple things in LIFE.  Things I forgot about.  Things that were there all the time.  Things that made me slow down and appreciate LIFE.
 
Life is simple when you live simply.


If the simple things in life don't put a smile on your face, then you will never be truly happy.

I must admit, that this project in writing/research/illustrating was at times a very hard task to complete.  And then I found that there is so much more I could have written about: making someone smile, when something you were going to buy is on sale anyway, finding a treasure in the back of a closet, hanging out with a friend, getting a hug from a child, silly faces, old love letters, being brave, singing loudly in the shower, unexpected sticky notes....

I look back on this and smile because it was LIFE and I decided to live it!

Thanks for coming along on the ride through 2013.  Happy New Year!! Can you imagine the possibilities I can embrace in 2014, when I color my thoughts with only the brightest of hues....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin