Tuesday, March 04, 2014

I Will BE Grateful

Thank goodness there are all kinds of people in the world!

Some, have no problem thinking outside the box ....

... is a metaphor that means to think differently, unconventionally, or from a new perspective. This phrase often refers to novel or creative thinking.

I must admit that I always thought that I thought differently.

I know that I was afraid to 'be' confident in my differences.

I don't want to be soooo different that people avoid me, but I want to be authentic and true to myself.


 
I look pretty 'normal' don't I????
 
There is a point and a time in your life that you have to start believing in yourself and believing in the POSSIBILITIES .... a thing that may happen.
 
I've been working on so many different little projects lately ... I don't want to bore you to death... they are starting to come full circle for me and I am really excited!! 
 
I'm working on the fact that every day I have to take a moment and pause ...there is something good and there is something to be grateful for.

 
 
If you have followed me for any length of time, or you are here at my blog for the first time today (Welcome...... I create whimsical greeting cards..... click on a links on the left side of this page to all kinds of  unique cards :0)  I am a part of the House of Shine.
 
Too hard to explain in one sentence ...  (according to Claudia the owner/founder) but it's a fun way to bring joy into the lives of others through random acts of kindness and creativity. It's a place to find like minded people who want to be accountable for their actions, those who want keep perspective of the world around us and those who realize the impact of the little things.... and so much more....
 
For the entire month of March I've been chosen to be their SHINE Girl. My instructions to act have come my way via snail mail on super cute cards. Now I must BE.DO.SHARE and SHINE!
 
In my 'own' creative way I want to bring even more SHINE to my corner of the world.
 
Using 'yellow' post-it-notes to list all the things for which I am grateful for is the first task of SHINING inside and out.


 
I couldn't quite cover it how I wanted to in my corner of the world.... so I decided to use my post-it-notes to frame the mirror in my front hallway.  Every time we go in and out this main door to our house... I am so grateful for many things.  A picture of this helps me to 'reflect'  on those things...
 
One can never pay in gratitude; one can only pay 'in kind' somewhere else in life.

Express gratitude and gratitude promotes happiness.
 
What are you grateful for?
 
Please join me on this adventure!
 
Share this post! 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin