Sunday, February 15, 2009

More Cowbell

Who would have thought that you could get thrown out of a jv high school league play off game for ringing a cowbell? But I almost did last night!!

I have brought my cowbell for every game this year and feel I ring it 'tastefully' any time we score a goal. Some games I never even rung the bell. Last night there was excitement in the air and we were playing a rival team that often brought varsity players down to play our jv team, we were winning 8-0. Actually, Bubba (ds) scored the 6th goal and I was happy and excited for him. I was cheering for our team, they really scored some great goals.... no way was I 'rubbing' it in to the other team for being LOSERS!!!! (I totally say that in jest now) I didn't know there was a protocol, and that if you were 'skunking' the other team, you are not allowed to cheer for your team... if you do... on the 7th goal, you get a mother from the opposing team telling you to shut up, and then on the 8th goal (which as a courtesy not to make the other team feel sad... they leave the score on the scoreboard as 6-0) a parent on security patrol from the opposing team said "if you keep ringing that cowbell you'll be thrown out of the arena!"

OMG... I was so embarrassed. Who knew? Our team manager NEVER ever said a word to me. And he knows ALL of the rules of the game of hockey. How many hockey dads swear at the refs and tell their players 'hit em harder'..... it was just a cowbell ringing when we scored a goal!!! Sore losers, with a big "L" .... the cowbell to say the least, has now gone out to pasture!!



2 comments:

Cheryl Houston said...

Peggy- You Rebel Cowbell Ringer!

We're raising a bunch of pansies!! Geez! Well, not you or me but the rest of them!!!

I say, Ring your cowbell! Ring it loud! Ring it proud!

Heather Grow said...

I've never heard of cheer police before. Gosh, people are so touchy. I say, more cowbell!

I love all your valentine cards and mailboxes.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin