Saturday, February 28, 2009

How a creative greeting!! might get started

As I peruse the Internet (card making, scrapbook designing, paper crafts...websites, blogs... what else is there?) I look through cardmaking magazines. I come upon images that are easy enough for me to doodle. I'm inspired by other cardmakers with their layouts and try to re-create what they've designed with my own interpretation and with the materials I have on hand. In most cases, the images are a stamp that someone designed, being frugal and having the ability (that I've practiced for over 30+ years) to draw, I'm able to re-capture their image!

Here is a tiny bin full of images that I've drawn (doodled) that have yet to find a card front home.


Some images have been colored in... completely (water color pencils, or markers) some images just have the outlines and are waiting to be matched up to background paper.Some images have been in there a very long time, because I don't like them any more, but they have a home in the back of the bin!



Some images NEVER make it to the front page, it all depends on my mood, what's needed for a card I want to create and if they can be found easily in the image bin. Some doodles are made right away and copied (inspired) into a card the minute they are drawn. Then embellishments are added brads, buttons, fiber, stickers etc.. stickles dripped on to create dimension, embossing (dry or wet)are added, corner punches punched to give variety, glazes dabbed on to dry, shading added to pop!!


As you can see, I'm more into the whimsy of images! Sometimes, drawing and doodling is all I do in my creative room, it gives me a challenge I can accomplish it quickly!


Then what the web sites I visit do, is give inspiration with a layout, here is one from
Page Maps Card Maps where they actually give you the template and then you take it from there! How cool is that?
So, in some cases (ha! get it CASES - C opy A nd S hare E verything) this is how I get inspired to design and make a creative greeting!!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin