Monday, September 20, 2010

Double, Double, toil and trouble

- Which feet are the witches feet?
- Punch art with Top Note
- Come celebrate fall, if not Halloween

OMG! So dang cute.  I really am getting into these punch artist who take all these punches we crafters have sitting around and make them into something awesomely cute and cool!!!   If you look closely, the witch shoes are the same form as the green background paper.  That punch (or die cut in this case) is Top Note by SU!  What I did is make the same cut with the black paper, folded it in half and then used circle punches to get the point for the tip of the shoe and another circle punch in the part where the legs would go into the shoe.  The buckles are another SU! punch in the center.  Stockings were hand cut, but I'm sure someone probably used a punch in the original.

I made three of these cards and they went out to my Card of the Month Friends.  For two years now, with varied interest, I create cards that relate to the month or the holiday season.  Most COTM-ers are on card #10 (October) and I always send out the card a month ahead of time, so in this case it is a Halloween theme or colored card. One COTM-er WON this yearly deal as a gift on HOS, one COTM-er was given this as her Christmas gift, and one, actually bought this as a gift to herself!! SURprisE, a cute hand made card from me comes each month directly to her mailbox.
One card mate wanted her cards to be the year of  'coffee'... the card right above, so each month she gets a card ready to invite a pal out for coffee.  Notice, I'm using brown and orange colors to go with a fallish feel. It's blank inside so she can write in her own sentiment. Could have had a witch brewing some coffee, dang!!!

- Send out a Halloween card, it can be a way that you tell someone you are thinking of them
- I have lots of cute cards in stock!!!
- Check out creative greetings too! my other card only blog , look under FALL or Halloween

1 comment:

Cheryl Houston said...

Hey! That looks familiar! The boys loved this one. :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin