Monday, September 27, 2010

Wayward Whimsy


- I love WHIMSY - it just sounds fun and exciting
- Homecoming week at the high school
- Beautiful fall day

I don't always like mixing papers and patterns and sizes, etc... I think it makes for a busy card... but sometimes you've got to try different styles and elements.  Here is my result.  Although the paper is  from a matched set, it's a subtle mix, even the bow 'matches' yet it is different. Brads in the corners, inking of the edges.  I would call this a very 'nice' birthday card. Something for a great aunt or a friend you barely know.  Not my usual WHIMSY.  But that is okay, trying out different styles.  And that's good!

It's Homecoming Week at the high school.  Sissy and I actually convinced our Senior to 'play' along.  For the underclassman, today's theme is Illinois sports teams.  You know how hard that is for us die hard Wisconsin Fans.  The only loyalty we can give is to the Black Hawks.  So, Sissy is sporting her t-shirt we got when we went to Orlando this summer.  Her v-ball team wanted to represent Chicago!
As for Bubba, seniors dress differently.  Their theme for today is Ken & Barbie.  So, we dressed him up as Malibu Ken, Hawaiian shirt, puca shell necklace, flip flops, a little cologne and some dark sun glasses.  I'm thrilled he wanted to play along.  But it was like pulling teeth.

- Packers vs. the Bears.... Monday night Football!!!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin