Thursday, September 09, 2010

I'm Seeing Pink

*Ok, so we've established I'm just a copy cat.*

Look at this chest of drawers with baby stuff falling out everywhere.  Drawer pulls made of brads and punched flowers.  Inked the edges to give it depth.  Cuttlebugged the arch of the legs.  Used craft wire to make a tiny hanger.  Although this card did take a few hours to make, it was so much fun!  I'm lucky that I have honed ( Make sharper or more focused or efficient) in on my drawing skills, and I have just enough cardmaking tools to get by, that at times I can virtually copy anything!!!!  I thank the great cardmaking artists out there and am sorry I can't give credit to their original work! I'm just bad at  writing down whose unique work it is and blogging the credits.  Will be mailing this out to a baby girl near you!
So, who do you look like? Has anyone you met said..." has anyone every told you you like Kate Hudson?"  Or, "you have Gregg Kinnear's eyes, or you have a smile like George Clooney?"  Dh often gets the line  (not the George Clooney part)  "You look familiar, did we go to the same high school?"  Or, "are you so & so's brother?"  Yes, DH is someone's brother, but he lives in Indiana.  Sissy tells me people think she looks like Taylor Swift.  My PT has a very similar face to Bo Derek. My neighbor has the eyes, glasses and smile of  Paper Trufflez, Julie.  I start out by asking someone, who do people say you look like?  It's a good ice breaker, and I'm often right, they look like that famous person! 

 Me....nobody has ever said I look like ANYBODY.  Heck I was standing in the entry way of the dog groomer and I saw one of my son's hockey player dads.  I said "Hi" to him, because I've met him and seen him at the rink.... I honestly think he didn't recognize me.  I've never thought myself a 'stunning' beauty.... when I was younger I was cast as the The ingénue : is a stock character in literature, film, and a role type in the theatre; generally a girl or a young woman who is endearingly innocent and wholesome. Nat King Cole's "Unforgettable, that's who you are".... no, I'm forgettable.  Oh, honestly, I'm trying to make a point here, through the self-deprecation (Self-deprecating humor relies on the observation of something negative about the person delivering the commentary)... after all these years... DH finally said to me... I'm uniquely originally, there is no one quite like me!!

2 comments:

Cheryl Houston said...

Yeah... How about "You look like his ex wife." Were we only talking about famous people?

K Hutchinson said...

This is so cute! Love the drawers!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin