Thursday, April 14, 2011

Just a Cardboard Box

- My Minds Eye - On Golden Pond A few pictures of cards and the Blossom Box that I made last weekend at the class I took with SG... at Archivers. I thought it would be more of a class class... you know with instruction.. but we got a really nice little magazine booklet that had all the details in it. The instructor was there to assist our reading .... I guess. Anyway... I love going to class. I love to learn... I love to listen... I love to cre8te! Most the time, a class reminds me of things I need to do... special touches to add to the craft that maybe I forget. My Minds Eye is the paper company that 'sponsors' the class.. or creates the designs for Archivers. The paper is gorgeous and fun that it matches. And then we made this cool box ... ripping off the top layer of corrugated cardboard... and then attaching it with ribbons... it's one of those things you go... this is too, too, TOO cute!!!!!!
Look at the paper flowers.... too, too cute!!!! Fun tulle ribbons on the corners.


I'm very lucky... every day on my 5 mile trip to work... I pass by a couple of lakes. One is right off the right side of the road... the others are behind houses, harder to see.... but I love seeing the changes on the lake right off the road. When I first started working 5 weeks ago... it was still frozen solid! Little by little... the thaw. There was an ice shanty on it for a few days. Then there was floating ice.... then the sun started to peek over the roofs of houses lining the lake. One day there were geese swimming and the ripples and circles surrounding them went on forever... it was like glass glistening in the sunshine!!! Another day it was pure serenity. The next day, 2 guys were standing in their boat... fishing off the side. I am so lucky to see this site, every day. Beautiful

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was at archivers yesterday....this class looked like so much fun! Your cards are gorgeous! Happy Friday!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin