Friday, December 23, 2011

Coast on This

I found a fun way to combine my photo art and my graphic design with a little Mod Podge and some tiles.  A few months ago someone pinned  (on Pinterest) these adorable coasters and the directions how to make them.
I'm hooked!  Simple, unique and beautiful personalized gifts to give.  These happen to have pictures of my next door neighbor's breath taking pond.  This summer I got on my knees and took colorful pictures from every angle.  I've been playing with them in my photo library and thought they would make a perfect gift and I chose and cropped the four most colorful pictures and printed them out. The ink jet printer slightly bled in spots, but it makes the photos look almost watercolor like!
I put felt feet under the four corners so that they wouldn't scratch the table top.  What's funny is after I bought my first few tiles for .16c at Home Depot I was cleaning out from behind our basement steps and found boxes of tiles (put there by the original home owners) FREE tiles!
I took an on-line class learning a few techniques in Photo Shop Elements and one of our projects was creating a page that looked like Subway poster art.  I scaled that down and used my friend's name and a few words about them to create a fun personalized tile (coaster), printed that out 4-1/4" x 4-1/4" and Mod Podged a few coats and then sealed it off with a spray sealant.

Positive reviews on the coaster tile art!!!!  They even 'feel' fun!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin