Friday, December 09, 2011

Frogs & Birds

Here's a cutie pie bird chirping away a happy holiday song. 

He is one of my CASe Study projects of the week.  Bright colors are from my new BIC markers.  They almost work like Copic markers.  If I go over the color multiple times I can get that darker shading and it looks like the objects have more dimension. I got 24 pens for $12 at Sam's Club.

Title Frog... you may wonder what that means.  I scored this week while shopping at M's.  Oh the excitement I have I'm sure y'all can't quite understand... but for at least 3 years I have been casually looking for the needle circle thingy that is holding the card up in the photo above Flower Frog.  It is mainly used for fresh floral designs, putting the stems of the flowers in and submerging this in water. 

And for years I have seen card makers using this as a way to display and hold their cards while taking a photo.  I thought I'd have to find one on EBay.....and for $3.99 at M's I saw the last one on the hook and grabbed it with giddy excitement.  It is to me like a little treasure.... to be LIKE all those other 'cool' crafters.  Ta-da!!

Brrrr.... sunny and 16 degrees out.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin