Wednesday, December 14, 2011

It Takes Guts

Inside the bluesy mini scrapbook I showed you yesterday, are 6 envelopes decorated with pretty snowfall patterned paper.  Each envelope is cut so that there is a separate tag inside for journaling or a cute winter photo.  (I just make the mini scrapbooks, I don't fill it with photos or journaling, or scraps from an event)

I kept the snowflake theme throughout the book.  This is my favorite Martha Stewart punch.
I had fun trying to 'work' the embellishments.  That's one thing in mini scrapbook making that I have difficulty with.  Since I don't purchase the parts and pieces, it's making the embellishment items look like they are unique and that they belong, have a purpose for enlightenment on the page. 

Made lots of mini tags in blues and craft paper brown.  Added white ink smudge marks to the edges. It gives this book a slight grunge look, which is a good thing.
Love this patterned paper by Bo-Bunny.  It comes in a 6"x6" pack, all with designer coordinating colors, so you really don't have to think, all the pages match.  The circle lolly with the 4 snowflakes is actually on a clip that can be removed.  I like creating fun beaded charms with all my left over beads, it adds a great dangle.  Below the beads are a few more layered tags to give dimension to the front cover.  The ribbon is seam binding tape that I learned accepts Glimmer Mist.  So, you can make the white ribbon ANY color of the rainbow and more, if you purchase ALL the colors.  I just happened to have a blue... that worked out perfectly.

Went to a job interview yesterday.  I was not nervous at all.  I feel I've been to so many, but it was the first time I was in a group interview.  Two managers and 5 potential employees, all in one room.  They asked us questions and went around the room waiting for each one of us to give our take on what we would do in a situation.  Hmmm, do I feel good about it....? I don't really know what to think.... Stay tuned to see what happens!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin