Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Supreme Gift

What is the old saying... it's better to give than to receive? 

I was so excited about this little gift box.  I truly believe, NOW, that I work so much better under pressure.  I up-cycled the gift box.  Not a very good view here, but it was like half a cereal box that I just formed and glued Christmas patterned paper around.  Then I stuffed the box with some cre8tive greetings!!  A twelve variety pack of cards from a Christmas note to a get well card, to a thank you to a Zindorf specialty note.
On the sides of the gift box I made these 'super' cute tags from Laura at Following the paper trail.  That girl has some very intering and unique ideas.  It's fun to capture her ideas and then make it with what I have on hand.  The tags are interactive, so there is the black base, but then there are pockets on both sides that house other smaller tags, and all the cards match with the same themed paper.  And then cute ribbon bows 'tie' them all together but also make the box look fluffy on full on top.
And then finally, in the back of the box is this bright and cheery mini scrapbook.  Although and of course I love making cards... putting together these mini scrapbooks is ultimate fun. 

It is the challenge for me now to create all the different embellishments.. the tabs, the tags, the pockets, the flowers, the clip the ribbon.

So this ultimate supreme gift went to my husbands awesome WORK SPOUSE.  Have you heard that term?  It could be a Hollywood thing.  But my husbands Admin. Assistant sees him more than I do, and feels the stresses of his job ... more than I do!!!  So she is his work spouse (without benefits) once I got the idea and thought of this gift, I was like a mad woman on a cre8tive frenzy.  I had so many ideas, I was working up a sweat, my work area was getting smaller and smaller and there were more scraps on the floor than in the garbage can.  Finished....I stuck it in his car so he wouldn't forget to take it to work.... da, da da......... she took a few days of vacation .... early.... so he wasn't able to give it to her.  Boo hoo!! Deep breath.  It's the thought..... oh well!

What can I cre8te for you!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin