Thursday, December 01, 2011

Who let the Owls out?



These two cards make me giddy with excitement and happy!

It's not hard to believe but I have not purchased a Hallmark greeting card or ShoeBox greeting or purused the card aisle at Target in probably over 10 years!! But I do peak from a distance and I think my cards hold their own to the mass produced and manufactured card. Oh and yes, I get a view of my competition when my family 'buys' a store card, or I'm celebrating an event and friends from all over the country send me a 'real' card. At times some are so tempted to send me my own card back. (Because they've either purchased a variety pack or gotten some as gifts from me)

My cre8tive greetings are bold and colorful and some have very cute sayings. They have sparkles and baubles and bows. The thing with my cards is that you have to think a bit a head of time of the events that are coming your way... especially if I have to mail them out to another state (or you get a variety pack and have them on hand) ... or like one friend who is kindly purchasing 20 birthday cards, personalized & whimsical greeting cards for those who want to celebrate extraordianary events and remarkable people in their lives.

I think these cards are special. And I have more fun each and every day I learn a new tip or technique to cre8te them. It saddens (yet makes me happy in a way) when I hear that people don't know who to send them to, so they just keep them in a drawer to look at them (hoarding?). The whole point is to send out FuN MaiL!!!


I have almost 1400 posts on this blog, most with at least one cre8tive greeting, and that doesn't even count the cards that don't make it to 'show off' here. That means in the past 5 years I've created a minimum of 1500 cards (that sounds better) and although I pride myself in not mass producing the same card over and over (except for invitations or real estate cards) that's a new piece of artwork each time. Awesome!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin