Friday, April 19, 2013

8 Reasons to People Watch

Week # 16 - LIFE'S Simple Pleasures ~ People Watching

LIFE can get complicated, sometimes.  This year, 2013, I wanted to explore simple pleasures... go back in TIME if you will to when we all weren't so busy... all the time.  This week I found that just by watching the people around us, we can get a true sense of who we are.
 
I'm sure there are more, but I found 8 reasons why YOU should people watch
 
It's relaxing and enjoyable.  You can physically do it anywhere you go. In the check out line of the grocery store, to a Starbucks in the middle of a busy mall, or while it's half time watching your kid's sporting event.
 
It passes time.  Maybe your job, the kids, or your studies have clouded your brain.  Put that stuff all behind you for a few moments and go sit somewhere and let LIFE happen around you!
 
People watching restores a sense of wonder.  What's even more fun is to watch the people, who are people watching.  Again, not in a voyeur sort of way.  It's fun to watch their reaction to a situation.
 
If you are an artist, it's a great source for artwork or photography and even writing.  People are so unique and we often forget that.
 
Along those same lines it can be informative.  You can spy fashion, you can see what's in with food and drink, you can eavesdrop on gossip or the current news.
 
If you've had difficulty in your own life, it could be inspiring.  It could lead you to thinking a different way and put you back on track to where you want to be.
 
It's a healthier version of electronic social media that takes over our life. Especially if you go outdoors and absorb the sunshine, the birds chirping and a light breeze, a breath of fresh air!
 
And finally, it's FREE!
 
So, as I close this post for today, I'm reminded of something that touched my heart ♥ earlier this week.  Remember the clown I watched at the Mall?  I find it so ironic that in my horoscope today it says... as one door closes another opens, and while this brings your birthday month to an end... with a sense that it's now game on!
 
You'll just have to stay tuned to see where this leads me. 
 
Please feel free to leave me a comment.  Do you people watch?  Where have you done it?  What stories do you have to tell?  Do you have any more reasons why we should people watch?
 
If the sun is not shining in your neck of the woods, I suggest you go Brighten Someone's Day!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, i feel that i ѕaw you νisited my wеbsіte
thus i got heгe tο go bacκ the ωant?
.I аm attemρtіng to find іssues to improve my wеb site!
I asѕume itѕ оk to use a few of youг idеaѕ!
!

Also νisіt my web sitе; lloyd irvin

Anonymous said...

Quality content iѕ the kеy to interest the users to visit the web
site, that's what this website is providing.

my weblog; http://www.grouplinkonline.com/groups/link-building-services-india-new-mexico

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin