Wednesday, April 17, 2013

I Saw the Naked Cowboy

I want to people watch while sitting on that bench drinking something hot with someone just as snarky as I am. ~ Pinterest
 
I find it most amusing how my ideas are formed and one thing leads to another.  Case in point, although I've done a ton of people watching over my years I didn't have much of an opportunity to do it yesterday.... but in a small way I did.  Here's my story....
My he♥Art Journal - Inspired by CEO
 
I had to run an errand to another city nearby.  It's almost spring here, and it was a pleasant drive with my car window open.  It's a good thing to have a GPS because I didn't know where I was going and eventually found myself driving into an un-familiar area. 
 
After my errand was complete I got back in my car and headed home.  But before I made it out of the parking lot my attention was directed left where a young man was leaning against a door frame, sitting on the ground strumming a guitar with a cigarette dangling out of his mouth.... not a care in the world.... and it made me smile!  During his break, did he need to get away from it all???
 
 
And for that 5 seconds of  watching him, I thought about... music, guitars, strumming....That lead me to thinking about people watching in New York City... that is one amazing place to do it. Week #15 - LIFE'S simple pleasures - people watching  (It's totally FREE)
 
This a photo I took when we were in NYCalmost 3 years ago.  You can see all the other tourist taking a picture of the Naked Cowboy... he is a fixture of New York and Time Square where tour guides take you to see him and his 'performance'. 
 
I love it people watching.... people watching... the smiles on their faces when the came upon him.... from the front he looks 'more' nakkid.... but this guy has made an art of being seen, and people stop to watch! And I just heard his name mentioned on Fox News for something, because he is a New York icon.  If interested click on the link below the picture to find out more about this guitar playing dude.
 
The stories that can be had while people watching..... can't make-up and write that stuff!!!! It's LIFE!
.
post signature

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin