Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Please Pay Attention!

I am going to try to pay attention to the spring. I am going to look around at all the flowers, and look up at the hectic trees. I am going to close my eyes and listen. ~ Anne Lamott

I think this quote sums up a lot of what I'm trying to do here, this year on my blog... Year of LIFE'S Simple pleasures.  I want to pay attention! The hard part is going to be having patients for those around me who didn't get the memo! (Pay attention while driving, use your turn signals... don't text... for those who stop in the middle of an aisle and don't realize people are behind them.... pet peeve list)
 
Bright flowers popping up are always a sure sign of Spring!
 
The first day of spring is one thing, and the first spring day is another.  The difference between them is sometimes as great as a month. ~ Henry Van Dyke
 
This is a great quote and so true!!  If you are reading this post today, April 3rd.. look to the right column of my blog you will see a recently posted picture on Instagram of the bright blue sky in our neck of the woods.  It really looks like spring out... but the thermometer reads differently... 21 degrees, it's still pretty chilly 10 days into 2013 Spring.  For the mid-west the weathermen say we are about 15 degrees below 'normal' for this time of year.
Gnome sweet Gnome
Week #14 - LIFE'S simple pleasures - Spring

Fun little whimsical gnomes will soon be peering up through their hidden holes in my garden.  These funky little guys add a simple charm to my secret garden.

Spring is nature's way of saying "Let's Party" ~ Robin Williams

Rite of Spring, Spring Fever, Spring Chicken, Spring Break, Spring Training... Spring Cleaning!!! 

When the day comes to SPRING Clean my garage I hope it's a bit warmer than the 32 degrees in there now.  Heavy duty top to bottom cleaning is something I really do look forward to.  As our family changes and ages... some of the 'stuff' needs to be sent packing!  So, here is a before picture in one corner of the garage. It just feels right in my soul to clean un-used items out and organize what's left!  It saves time and money if everything has a place, and every place has it's things!

Here's to Spring!! 
Blossom by blossom the spring brings!!!
Brighten Someone's Day!

 






No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin