Wednesday, April 24, 2013

An ARTventurous LIFE

One of the many reasons I write my blog is because it gives me true inspiration for the days that lie ahead.  It drives me and it gives me a purpose.  I hope there are a few of you out there following along on my journey of LIFE.
I decided this year to focus 2013 on LIFE'S simple pleasures.  Because I like pretty things and clever words, I thought it would be a perfect way to combine so many similar things that are different.  Let me see if I can explain....
If you break the word LIFE'S down, you get:
  • L-Learning
  • I-Inspiring
  • F-Feeling
  • E-Evolving
  • S-Shining
LEARNING - I love to learn!!  As I've gotten older though, I find I learn a little bit differently - I like things explained to me in a calm way.  On line tutorials are a great way to learn, if you have a good teacher.  For instance, I am taking a year long class with an instructor based out of England.  Her name is Tam and she created this wonderful program that includes art and healing.  Each week she has a lot of guest artists from all over the world who are teaching a class called LifeBook 2013.
INSPIRING - the artist/instructors from this class truly have a passion about their creativity.  And that sparks other creativity for me.  It gives me a great FEELING - Everyday I find something new just looking outside the window to my own backyard, inspirational quotes that I find on Pinterest or a billboard, good MAIL days~ sending and receiving FuN MaiL, discovering blog sites that lead me to another phenomenal place, books for pleasure, art/writing books to hone in on my crafts, my camera iPhone ~ a pictures worth 1,000 words, a heartfelt story from a friend, observing people and nature... that list is endless!
 

EVOLVING- I'm developing gradually.  If you've noticed.... I've taken you along a small path in the process of creating my last Art Journal page.  I first doodled the outlines of a faux stain glass picture. My art journal page is approximately 10" x 14".  The drawing is quite simple, with simple lines and shapes.  Then the next process I  painted in the lines with acrylic.  During this time I was creating the faux stained glass with Mod Podge, acrylic paint and tissue paper.  Next, I added the pieces of faux stained glass.  (Let me tell you this was quite an involved process.... I love the technique, but it does not satisfy my need for instant art gratification) After that, I set more outlines and added a dimensional glue to give the picture more depth... a stained glass feel by just using paper.  This picture/painting developed gradually. Metaphorically- ME!!!
SHINING - being accountable, realizing the impact of little things, being present, being relentless passionate, bringing out the best in others.  I'm no longer afraid to 'show off' my art.... or my stories... or who I really am.  Because I have discovered to embrace who I am and it's just my nature to be this way.  I just have to keep LEARNING and reminding myself that it doesn't always matter what others may think.  I'm not saying that it is easy.... but taking this path to LIFE'S simple pleasures has given me unmeasurable rewards.

An adventurous life does not necessarily mean climbing a mountain, swimming with sharks, or jumping off cliffs. It means risking yourself by leaving a little piece of you behind in all things you meet along the way.

And keeping in line with Week # 17 - LIFE'S simple pleasures - all things Earth... if you notice my faux stained glass picture represents the sunSHINE and the land and sea Earth....

EartH without ART is just 'eh'.
 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin