Thursday, May 30, 2013

Flag Swag

Today's post is a before and after.... and using the American Flag as part of my front porch decorations,  I think it 'sticks' with the theme of this weeks LIFE'S simple pleasures.
We had a pretty rough winter here in the Midwest. 
 
And because a late arrival of Spring, some of our bushes and yard really took it hard. 
 
Not that I've doctored these photos above, but there is a real drab feel and gloominess, it's apparent!
 
Actually, the grass is tampered with.  We started shaving back some of this planting area and I decided to take a before picture, so we placed the sod back down.  And for another reason as well, it was supposed to rain and we would have left pure dirt for the dogs to walk about... as we weren't getting the mulch for another day or too!
 
But I think the picture speaks volumes.  A little sad and worn out!
 
But we had a vision!  And with a little sweat and a lot of SWEET garden talking, me and the hubster together ....we brightened our little corner of the yard!  New bushes, perennials, rocks, stepping stones, mulch and the ever fun BLUE MAN gnome! And of course, our American Flag flying proudly off the front porch!
 
Of course everything looks better with sunSHINE!!!!
 
And adding little American flags to my potted plants is something I've done for the past 5 years.  It looks beautiful and I feel patriotic. These are new pots too that I purchased at Sam's club for $16 each.  I love the rich brown color and it makes everything inside 'pop'!!!

"I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all"
 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin