Monday, May 20, 2013

Shoot for the Moon

It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are  ~  E.E. Cummings
Week #21 - LIFE'S simple pleasures - graduating
 
It's that time of the year.... graduation, the end of May and beginning of June.  I am seeing all kinds of advertisements and decorations and gifts, sales and celebrations for grads and Dads. 
 
Caps and gowns and pictures from high school graduation ceremonies don the front pages of the local newspaper. It really is a major accomplishment to graduate..... from kindergarten to first grade... 8th grade to high school.... high school and then.... college!!!!
 
Graduating is the action of receiving or conferring an academic degree or the ceremony where students become graduates. Above is one of the few graduation pictures I have of myself in my cap and gown.  I'll have to search for the date, but we graduated in June of 1982. (Just because it will bug me until I find out.... I'll guess June 11... but I'll go find it some where)
Graduation cards are always something fun to make.  I often base the card off the school colors and the school mascot.  And I love searching for inspiring quotes.... but it's all about the cash inside isn't it???

Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss it you will land among the stars  - Les Brown
 
When I was a teachers' aide, the quote above is what I would sign in the kids' yearbooks.  I was fortunate enough to have a few kids ask me to sign.  They probably didn't get it with their 7th grade mind... but maybe they'll look back through their yearbook one day and think of me... for that brief moment I was a part of their life!
 
Graduating may not be that simple.... but it sure is a big pleasure in LIFE.
 
LEARN from yesterday
LIVE for today
HOPE for tomorrow.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin