Friday, May 31, 2013

Red, White & Blue

You’re a grand old flag
You’re a high flying flag...
George M. Cohan

 
To show our nations strength and unity, flying the American Flag is something proud Americans do.
 
However, there are certain proper ways to fly the flag that I must admit we don't always abide by.  For a complete list click here. I'm sure any google search for US flag etiquette will list all the different regulations (and laws?)
 
We fly our flag all the time, rain or shine and sometimes I don't take it down right at dusk, but that doesn't mean I disrespect our American Flag.
 
One good thing about flying OUR flag every day.... we never have to worry if it's a National Holiday that we should be flying the flag. 
 
Week #22 - LIFE'S simple pleasures - the American Flag
 
I love seeing little kids waving flags during a parade.  I love seeing the American Flag pinned to a gentleman's lapel, I love listening to our National Anthem before a sporting event and everyone turning their attention to the American Flag. I love taking pictures of huge flags as they wave in the wind.  I love flag poles lined up in a row. I love flying my flag off the front porch!
 
.... the home of the free and the brave!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin