Tuesday, May 07, 2013

My BEST Job Ever

There are a lot of things to be said of motherhood.  Just make sure the kids are out of earshot first!
As Mother's Day approaches this week, I can't help but reflect on being a mother myself. 

Through my tears and laughter at the same time... my job, the longest one I've held will be coming to an end in a few short months.  I have a great sense of loss.  Oh yes, friends and family have continually told me that my job being a mother will not end... but the  active daily interaction of raising my two children will become history, as the youngest gets ready to go off to college in August. Beware, they do fly back home, the nest doesn't always stay empty. (Someone said to me)

This business of training little humans for life is a mind boggling process.

Be happy!  Know that you raised two wonderful kids who will be an asset to society, productive, smart and kind!

Don't Cry because it's over, smile because it happened. ~ Dr. Seuss

You know, I've realized I've done a lot of good things making the choice to be a full-time stay at home mom for all of these years, but a part of me wonders, what's next? what can I do? who will hire me?
 
I've been a party planner, a PTA president, a soccer mom, a dance mom, a chauffeur, a boo boo healer, a Halloween costume designer, a chef, a secret shopper, a room parent etc.... In this day and age, I yet to meet many, if any... who then just became 'housewives' after their children flew the coop.  I mean, that's the next step right?? ... you can't just sit at home and be... you need to go out and work!  I truly think that's the big part that I'm struggling with. Foremost, I am so very grateful for the opportunities and choices my husband and I made for me to be a stay-at-home mom, it was the best for our family... but it's ME that is having the hardest transition to the next phase in our lives!
 
Week # 19 - LIFE'S simple pleasures- honoring Motherhood
 
Motherhood is not something to do if you can squeeze the time in, it is what God gave you time for.
 
God does have a purpose for me, that I know!  Now, if you have any advice on what to do for the next chapter, I'm seeking positive solutions.  I'm looking for websites with inspirational words or books of women who've shared their stories after their children fly the coop!  If no one leaves me a comment, just be assured that I'm truly OK with my tears dripping down my face....(It's been a daily occurrence) I do know that I am one proud mother of two and I'm honored to be their mother!!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin