Tuesday, May 28, 2013

The Banner of the Free

Sure I wave the American flag. Do you know a better flag to wave? Sure I love my country with all her faults. I'm not ashamed of that, never have been, never will be ~ John Wayne
Downtown Chicago 2012
 
I've always been interested in photography.  I love to capture the moment.  I enjoy the composition and trying to feel what I see through the lens.  One theme that I enjoy since the 'new age' of digital photography has been our American Flag.

The Stars and Stripes in all their glory... waving in the wind... instill a sense of pride and hope in me!

Off the front porch
 
Our current flag was designed in 1958 by an 18 year old high school student Robert Heft.  It's noted that he received a B- for his project.  However, I think if the public graded him, it would be definitely an A as the most recognized symbol of the USA.
 
The colors of the flag are strictly defined: 
  • Dark Red (Pantone 193 c) - for our hardiness and valour
  • White(Pantone Safe) - for our purity & innocence
  • Blue (281 c) - for our vigilance, perseverance & justice
One nation indivisible
Iowa City Hawkeye Football Fall 2012
 
The national flag of the United States consists of 13 equal horizontal stripes of red, alternating with white, to represent the original 13 colonies that declared independence from Britain. The blue rectangle in the upper left, the canton or union, holds 50 small 5 point stars that represent the 50 states that make up our country.
 
With digital ease, I can take hundreds of pictures of our beautiful flag.  It is a great subject and never has a bad side.  It always looks distinguished.  I am proud to see it before any event and see people stand before it.
 
Week #22- LIFE'S simple pleasures - the American Flag

Patriot: the person who can holler the loudest without knowing what he is hollering about.

 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin