Monday, January 06, 2014

Long Term Planning

If you will bare with me ... it's only day six of 2014 and I'm sure it's possible to do what I think I want to do... but I'm not sure how to do it. I live in the moment.... do I have to plan out long term???

Images, ideas and impulses ... I can't focus!!

(source, google images)
 
I really, really like this!  It's not mine.  I found it on the Internet... but I think I could incorporate this somehow for 2014.  It is like my 'brighten someone's day' and the image I think of when I want to SHINE ☼
 
 I've seen lots of 'signs' that have validated that 2014 will be the year to 'imagine the possibilities'... yet I can't keep it to one word like some....I need to embrace change to fulfill the entire message.
 
My horoscope read just the other day...it's a great time to imagine where your industry will be in 5 years, 10 years...long term planning suits your mindset now, especially if you're looking at the big picture and not just budget details....hmmm is my industry cardmaking?
 
And then I saw this sign at Hobby Lobby... I should have bought it... but it is possible for me to re-create it somehow...
 
 
Oh, I don't want to be a Pollyanna and think it will be all roses and lollipops... but I think I want to embrace being a possibilitarian... raise your sights and see possibilities ~ always see them, for they are always there. Dr. Norman Peale
 
Over the weekend I also saw Saving Mr. Banks, the Walt Disney movie with Tom Hanks and Emma Thompson, I highly recommend it.  I always have remembered that his artists, his cartoonists, his engineers and his imaginers are called... Imagineers..... I so LOVE that word!!!
 
The term Imagineering, a portmanteau, was popularized in the 1940s by Alcoa to describe its blending of imagination and engineering, and adopted by Walt Disney a decade later to describe the skill set embodied by the employees of WDI, known as Imagineers.
 
This year I plan on incorporating... imagine, possibilities, believe, embrace change, developing the energy that makes it possible to see things, brighten someone's day.... and others....I'm still working on it... you will have to stay tuned to see what colors my thoughts!!!!


 
And finally, as I sit here and ponder... it is -5 degrees out with wind chills in the - teens, and I laugh at the thought of global warming and I smile at the thought that it's great to be a Packer fan living in Illinois, we went farther than the Bears!
 
The sun is shining... go brighten someone's day!
 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin