Tuesday, December 01, 2015

Blog Smart

Why blog?

I have been blogging for almost 9 years!

I didn't think I'd have anything to say.

I think, what if I stuck to my original idea of taking one of our garden gnomes on all of our life's adventures?? I was going to take pictures with the gnome and then document where we were with him.  But then I got bored with that, thinking for sure it was NOT exciting at all.  All the places we've gone to in 9 years.... that might have been a pretty awesome travel blog. Ha!

There have been short periods of time where I didn't blog.  I just wasn't feeling it.

Recently, through other social media that never existed 9 years ago,  the question was posted in a way that I heard... why do you blog?

There are a few ways I could answer that question.... but the main one I discovered is ... I blog for accountability!

Accountable:  required or expected to justify actions or decisions; responsible.


I blog to hold myself accountable for my actions.  

Ever since we moved to Illinois from Wisconsin, and then my children grew from teenagers to spread their wings in the big world ... I have been seeking my purpose.  I have been trying to find my niche. Where do I fit?  What can I do?  What am I here for?

Not very often am I held responsible anymore for what I do, or what I say, or how I do it, or why I do it.... but blogging for me has held me accountable.

I blog to share my life's experiences. It's my living diary.  I blog to show off my artwork, crafts, gardening, cooking and adventures.  I blog because I think that someone might learn something new or different, or something just downright awesome. I blog because it keeps me active in technology. It keeps my mind moving and helps me to learn about new things. I blog because its a way to keep memories....
I blog because it keeps me accountable for the things in life that are important... for me to be me

To SHINE!

I have fun blogging!

Above is my most recent Adventures with Cooper and Tucker.  It seems they got a hold of my laptop on Cyber Monday and decided to do a little shopping!  Sneaky fur babies.


post signature

2 comments:

Cheryl Houston said...

Love your feather with a touch of washi tape edge! :)

Peggy said...

Thank you Cheryl. It is a digital feather. I doodled the outline, then uploaded it to the computer and then digitally colored it in with Photo Shop Elements 8. The washi tape is on the side of my Moleskine notebook.

I got a new job working with the Doodle Girl. Check out her website at http://doodleinstitute.com/ I am finally doing something I love to do. Stay tuned.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin