Friday, September 05, 2008

An apple a day...

The marketing slogan [37] and proverb addresses the health effects of the fruit: "An apple a day keeps the doctor away." Research suggests that apples may reduce the risk of colon cancer, prostate cancer and lung cancer.[

I'm working a little outside the box. I believe a Secret Sister sent me this image last year. All I had to do was color it in and create the card. I used water color pencils and then a blender pen. I'm still unsure of shading and the light source, so I had to go to the House Mouse site and look at the original image.

We got over 2" of much needed rain today! It's a beautiful morning, still kind of cloudy... Cooper is waiting for me to take him for a walk! We have a whole bunch of leaves on the ground in the back... it almost feels like a fall day!!! Thanks for stopping by my neck of the woods!!

2 comments:

K Hutchinson said...

Happy FALL! You got about 1/4 inch more rain then we did! I love this cool temps!

I think you got the shading just right on the card! LOVE IT!

Anonymous said...

Oh man, I wish it would rain here (in Southern CA) if it does rain at all, its at 2am and I don't get to see it. I miss rain.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin