Monday, August 10, 2009

Domestic Diva

I'm more than a one dimensional card maker and paper crafter. There are more sides to me than glue, paper and scissors. I am a domestic goddess and don't you forget it!! That's me telling my dh and dk's.


Finally felt like Summer this weekend, in the 90's and very humid. What to do? Bake? I was looking through Recipezaar our favorite place to find FREE and taste tested recipes and Peach Cobbler came up on the home page. Sounded like a delicious summer dessert that I haven't made in years. Turned out yummy!!!



I have been reading some "Foodie" blogs and just love how they take pictures each step of the way when posting about their delectable dishes!!




This next domestic diva project is for my mom! Well, really it's for Sissy, but something for mom to look at! DD saw a bag pattern at a friend's house and just had to have it too! On our way outta GW after dropping things off that didn't sell in the garage sale... we stopped at JoAnn's. So I whipped this baby up in an afternoon last week!
All straight lines, easy peasy... but it's been a while since I actually had to follow directions... man some of those I had to read and re-read. Yes, I do sew... I've made valances and curtains, costumes, pillows etc...just don't do it a lot!
And, I also made creative greetings! Saw this cute little cupcake and had to CASe it. Couldn't believe I actually had the stamp they used... $1 acrylic 4 stamp set from M's. Loved the simple clean lines!!
Proud today! DS is off at a training at his high school to become a LINK leader. Jr.'s & Sr.'s chosen to be student mentors for the incoming Freshman class.





1 comment:

K Hutchinson said...

You are one amazing lady Mrs Peggy! Cooking, sewing and card making! WOW WOW WOW!!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin