Tuesday, October 25, 2011

3 for 3

Last week I got an email from my local scrapbook store... come in and make and take 3 cards for $3. So, I stopped in, they had all the materials cut & scored all in a nice set up and sample cards in the middle of the work table... here was card 1. I love going to card classes because I learn new things, or I remember things I need to use again because they are so simple CASe... and of course as a cardmaker I have all the tools! or... they give you a great deal to purchase products!


Here is my version of the card once I got home. I'm always so worried about using all the background paper sbecause I need to fill the entire card page... but now I realize... I only need to use part of the pattern to add the color and make it pop!




And so sad.... I had to buy a new 2" circle punch because my old one got stuck on thick(?) paper. Oh, it makes me mad when my tools don't work.. and then I have to go buy a new one.... aargh! But yay! Always use a coupon.... at M's for 40% off, that makes me happy!



Today I will be happier than a bird with a french fry ~ pinterest


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh what fun! Love your edition of the card! Did you try to sharpen your punches by punching though tin foil?

Peggy said...

Oh yes Kim.... wax paper too to lubricate them. It was a fiskars punch it was jammed, so every time you'd try and cut the paper would just fold in and not even attempt a cut.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin