Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Couldn't find the Cache

I think there could almost be 9 layers to the card above, help me, you count them too!  It doesn't feel that heavy and then with the dots and flower, I didn't add any extra weighted embellishments.... so, flat enough to get through the mail without seeming too bulky. Which means extra postage.  I inked the edges on the lighter cardstock and if you click the picture, I think it will enlarge the photo, I used my sewing machine around the outside of the edge of the furthest background paper.

Although I said yesterday I was going to try and stick to scraps for cardmaking this week, I think it's good in theory, but I made this card over the weekend... and last night's cre8tive card making session was for a 'special' order.  Please don't hold me to it.
I went Geocaching yesterday, by myself .... for two reasons.... I wanted to see if I could use the GPS and actually find the Cache, and two I wanted to see what kind of fall photos I could take.  It's been a weird year for weather and climate.  It got up into the 70's during my hide and seek trek.  Although I could not get on track and find the cache(boo hoo) I set out to find, I did get a few photos of my beautiful walk through the woods. I will try and post them to an album on facebook later today.  I think these are oak leaves, I liked the fact, like the card above.... the perfect fall colorrs with green, brown, orange and yellow.... no red in these leaves.... I might need to go back out searching for that.  Stay tuned.
How strange it is to be anything at all ~ pinterest

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin