Monday, July 22, 2013

A Pick-y Paper Parasol

I only drink to make other people seem interesting - George Jean Nathan

 
I could say:  I only drink exotic fruity cocktails on the sandy beach garnished with bright parasols. It makes the people I'm with, seem more interesting!!!
 
LIFE'S simple pleasures - umbrellas
 
Around 1932 a Polynesian themed restaurant, Trader Vic's in California introduced the first decorative umbrella in one of their exotic Mai Tai cocktails.
 
A paper cocktail umbrella just makes the drink more fun!  Simple.
 
 
I didn't realize until I started my Year of : LIFE'S simple pleasures... our American English language can mean and be defined in so many different ways.  You'll have to stay tuned to my blog this week and see how many ways I can add my little whimsical twist on something as simple as an umbrella!
 
We might get rained on or we can dance in the rain, or the sun might beat down and make us perspire or we can look up to the sky and see the clouds.... or I can make my drink just that much better by adding a little paper decoration.... come join me under this tiny umbrella.... I'll make room!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin