Monday, July 01, 2013

Let Them Eat Dirt!

Start each day like it's your birthday!


Week #27 - LIFE'S simple pleasures - birthday celebrations

My Year of.... LIFE'S simple pleasures has met the half way point.  A full 6 months, 26 weeks, 186 -1/2 days of posting about ways to L-learn, I-inspire, F-feel, E-evolve & S-shine.

Why not have a celebration!?!!!! 

CELEBRATION!  I really think that's what my whole year of LIFE'S simple pleasures has been about anyway... I'll just observe the event with even more respect, festivity and rejoicing!
On any given day (except leap year February 29) you celebrate your birthday with approximately 19 million other people.
 
The more you praise and celebrate life, the more there is in life to celebrate ~ Oprah Winfrey
 

 
A half century ago, cakes and sweet treats were only affordable by the rich.  (I briefly touched on that subject during Week #9 - cookie)  During the 15th century German bakers created a sweet flat bread that eventually evolved into a cake.  
 
Modern traditions for a birthday celebration are filled with presents, a special greeting card  (**shameless plug** those are the creative greeting cards you see throughout my blog.... I sell them! ;)wink, a birthday song and a special birthday cake with candles.
 
 
We had a small birthday celebration over the weekend and there was cake!  Jane's Dirt Cake, you can find the recipe here @ Martha Stewart.
 
I can't guarantee the calorie count (Oreo cookies crushed to look like dirt) cream cheese, chocolate pudding and cool whip.... no bake!  But I can confirm it was a big hit!
 
Week #27 - LIFE'S simple pleasures - birthday celebration
 
All the world is birthday cake, so take a piece but not too much ~ George Harrison

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin