Thursday, July 18, 2013

Picture Perfect

It's summer time in Illinois!

Which means it's hot, hot .... did I say HOT? 

This week we are experiencing some of the hottest weather we've had this year, with high humidity and beautiful sunshine.  What is there to do in the summer time?
 
 

This week I'm writing about one of LIFE'S simple pleasures - parks. 

There are all kinds of parks.  If you think of Central Park in New York City, you might think of the back drop for many movies.  There are trees and running paths, bridges and ponds and blankets with diversified people spread across the lawn listening to a concert.  Yellowstone National Park brings to my mind.... geysers and bison, beautiful rock formations and trees as far as the eye can see.  A local city park has swings and teeter totters and fresh cut grass with a bench under a shade tree.

I enjoy the fact that my art can imitate LIFE.  Following blogger Michelle Zindorf and learning her techniques with inks and stamps has been a great way for me to re-create some of LIFE'S simple pleasures with my creative greeting card art.
 
{Greeting cards you see on my blog are always for sale! Handmade and unique cards for those special people in your life.... who deserve more than a last minute grocery store card!!! ****sorry, gotta do a shameless plug!}
 
Back to Week #29 LIFE'S simple pleasures - parks  There many different parks we can visit, most of them FREE.  There are water parks, theme parks, playgrounds, skate parks, nature preserves, spray park, National Parks, State parks, city parks, conservation parks and amusement parks.
 
 
My husband and I enjoy one of our local parks. It is a reclaimed quarry that our city has made into a recreation area.  We have enjoyed walking trails that have led us to some interesting Geocache hides, we've packed a lunch and enjoyed a quiet picnic and most recently, we rented a kayak for an hour and cooled off in and around the natural spring fed lake on one of our hot, hot ... did I mention HOT summer days. It was only $6 dollars and we got to see young families fishing off the shore, we watched cloud formations pass overhead, we heard laughter from other paddle boats, canoes and small sail boat, we watched small planes take off and land at the nearby city airport.... and we just sat and enjoyed the moment, smack dab in the middle of the lake.
 
And for me, before and after (keeping my iPhone safe and dry) I enjoyed taking pictures, capturing the sites for potential blog posts, having my art imitate LIFE and being able to share some of the simple pleasures that might spark some interest for you too!
 
Now go on out there, and with the sun SHINE, brighten someone's day! Go have a picture perfect day, visit a park!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin