Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Creepy Halloween....ba ha ha haaaaaaaa

- Lilly & Herman Munster
- Blondie Snow White & Hockey Champ
- Post office observation

Okay guys, this post took me an hour just to upload.  These are scanned photos from 1988 and 2000 respectively.  Now I know why I don't scan.  A. Either I don't know how or B. I know how but this is long process!!!

Over at the HOS (House of Shine) the topic of the day is favorite Halloween activities.  In the olden days.... dh (dear hubby) and I were quite handsome.  I had free creativity back then.  I had tons of fun finding the costumes of clothing at Goodwill and adapting/building it so it would work.  And I really love our make up job!!!
Sissy's (5) costume is a hand-me-over from a real costume designer friend while we lived in Wisconsin.  It is very well built!!  (That's costume ease, you build a costume not sew) Bubba (7) was just discovering ice hockey and we put together his costume from his street hockey stuff.  He eventually put on his roller blades to go trick or treating.

An observation:  So, I understand if you haven't been in the post office lately, you probably dread going in there, the long lines and the dreary postal workers.  But dude.... if you have to walk out of your way to avoid the big pole with the number dispenser on it, you have problems!!!  The last two times I went to the post office the slightly older people in front of me are totally focused, or clueless, as they get in line.  I guess our post office has line jumpers, you can't just stand in an orderly fashion in order, behind the long desks that weaves it's way to the postal clerks station.  You now also need to TAKE A NUMBERSuspender pants didn't take a number.  I saw it when he walked in.  I took my number.  What?  Am I supposed to educate the ENTIRE world?  Suspender pants finally 'gets it' after the 3rd number is called in front of him.  He turns back to me, the line has grown by now, behind me..... "what are you supposed to take a number? where do you get the numbers?"  I say yes, you get them at the door when you enter.  He asks again, "where do you get the number?"  I repeat myself, and in a jokingly way in my mind as I write this I want to say "what? did I stutter?"   Then what should I do?  Give him my number and ask the person behind me to give me their number and so on, and so on....  I bet this guy wont be coming to the post office again real soon.  And I bet he went home and complained about what you have to do just being in line at the post office!


1 comment:

K Hutchinson said...

OH my heavens you all looks so festive! Love it! I love going to my PO! They all know me by name! LOL!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin