Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I want my mummy!

- Your Mummy loves you
- I'll do it, pick me
- Observations

This Mummy card is an oldie, but a goodie.  A fun, solid, basic Halloween card.  A lot of times people say they don't celebrate Halloween.  You don't HAVE to!!  That's fine.  But really, who doesn't love to receive fun mail instead of bills.... so Halloween cards can be fun!!!

Was at my kids high school this morning assisting the mom in charge of the booster club Teacher Appreciation breakfast.  I just helped re-stock items and do cleaning here and there.  They had this awesome brunch sponsored be SENIORS parents, completely and totally under control.  Bagels and donuts, danish and muffins, fruit & yogurt, juice and water.  It was really beautifully layed out!!  I was the entertainment... well I made the other mom laugh a few times and kept her company for 2-1/2 hours.

An observation:  I know, picky... picky.... the other day while taking Sissy to her Drivers Ed class, for the first session you really need to be there to sign your kid in and make your first payment etc.... as DH often says, the are amongst us!!!  This mom & daughter walked in a few people in front of me and very loudly states... "I brought nothing with us.  Oh, and by the way, how much is this?"  She appeared to be clueless.  Granted, I checked the pamphlet just before I left the house so I would know if I need her birth certificate or a down payment.... private drivers ed is NOT a drop in the bucket.  And then she proceeds to suck down her Starbucks and roll her eyes as the employee figures out her bill.  I think she was the same mom last night picking up her precious child who stopped and parked her car while on her cell phone on the one lane entrance into the parking lot of the facility.... she didn't see she was 'blocking' traffic until the 4th car behind her started honking!! In yesterday's local paper there was an article about a 16 year old who was texting while driving and ran into a house and garage. The girl was not injured and there was only structural damage.   Sissy wouldn't read the article.  She says "MOM, I'm not going to text and drive!!" But Sissy also told me last night her 2nd class was really funny 'cuz the kid down a desk from her was "stoned" and gave really funny answers.  But then she tells me he was making up a class.... oh how fun!  Cross your fingers he doesn't drive the car heading toward you nor does he drive the car my daughter is in when she learns behind the wheel.  THEY walk amongst us!!!!!

1 comment:

K Hutchinson said...

Your card is awesome! Super duper cute mummy! SMILE!

Texting and driving is horrible! I hope that adults learn that lesson to NOT text and drive too!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin