Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Yummy Goodness

- Envelope Mini Scrapbooks
- The Set Up
- Movie Review
These mini envelope scrapbooks measure 4-1/2" x 6".  And as Laura at Following the Paper Trail says " They have a lot of real estate Which translated means, that if you really like the mini scrapbook style, as opposed to the big bulky store bought scrapbooks, these minis with all the pockets and tags and clip-ons and fold outs ... actually can hold a lot of different things in a very small space. Good for scrapbooking one moment in time, since they are mini.
The cover on this one has a lot of similarities to things done with Heidi Swapp and the House of 3 and what they are calling their Parisian Anthology.  To me it's the cute banner , the crepe paper that I stictched to a ruffle,the lolly pop flower and the grunge look with the Martha Stewart butterfly.

Last night we had our yummy turkey potstickers, its a Rachel Ray Recipe.  Sissy 'doesn't like" the turkey, although you can barely taste it in the dumpling with all the other Chinese yummy flavors... including freshly grated Ginger & garlic.  She would always want a veggie only dumpling.  I didn't want to make her special food... and Bubba, my sous chef of the evening understood....SHE SHOULD EAT LIKE THE REST OF US!  He 'runs' to get her at after school v-ball practice, thus the set up.  I didn't want to hear her b*tch  & moan, so I made her 5 little special dumplings... veggie only.  She walks in the door complaining, yadda yadda.... I said.... what?  I made you special veggie ones darlin'.... to Bubba's amazed crazed face.  I then said it was all a set up.... sucka!!!!!  What a mommy will do to keep the peace!

Whilst the children were at their homecoming dance this past Saturday,  I got the dear ole Hubby to take me to a movie.  At the movie theatre!!! Can you believe $10 a ticket???  We went to see The Social Network.  I give it two thumbs up and **** stars.  You kind of need to understand Facebook a bit.... and some of the dialogue is loud and quick....very much written for college kids to get it!  But I thought it was very entertaining!  Now I feel really, really dumb!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin