Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Follow the Pattern

There are so many pretty papers out there, the only thing you might have to stamp is the sentiment.  You don't even HAVE to do that, you can buy a whole sheet of sentiments on sticker form, or print them from the computer... so card making could be as simple as gluing layers together... and following someone elses pattern....easy!
It's fun to see a layout... I just 'quickly' drew a reverse sketch (above)  {well I didn't really draw it, but created it on my PrintMaster program}... that is to say that this card layout was probably a 'sketch' from some sort of card site that had a challenge for card makers.  So, I did the reverse, having only seen a card like the one I made... I then made the sketch after.  If you look at the layout, you can literally do anything with it, but it sure gives great inspiration and guidelines if you are stuck for something!

 I just combined patterned paper, that is already color coordinated from a pad and punched out and cut the other forms ready for assembly.  Here, I used my doily lace punch to get the scallops under the sentiment, Nestabilities circle die, Martha Stewart butterfly punch,  cut the background paper to size and fit on the 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" card front, cut some bakers twine and wrapped that around for the bow, inked the paper edges... and a beautiful card.

I heard this recently from another paper crafter and I agree, I so enjoy the instant satisfaction of creating a greeting card.  I can feel it when I put the pieces together, it truly makes me giddy... wanting to seek out and make more.  I just wish I could give more of my work so others could enjoy it. My hair stylist is willing to take 'old' cards to a senior center she works at (I mean I want to believe her, but she is so nice, it's hard to know if she is double talking me!) , I hope its true, and that I Brighten Someone's Day with a little creative greeting!!!!
Sending FuN MaiL, one card at a time! :0)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin