Wednesday, June 20, 2012

In the Garden

 Although it's not bloomin with colorful and wild flower petals, I just love what I'm calling my secret garden!  (it's secret cuz other than our two neighbors, no one can see it)

Before this stretch of hot, hot mid west summer temperatures, I walked around out back snapping some pictures of one of my favorite green places.  I still have so much to learn!
We didn't plant most of this garden, nor did we do the layout of the nice brick patio, I've tried to maintain it's beauty over the last 6 years we've lived here in Illinois.  One thing I love, is the varying height, color and sizes of the different hostas and other perinnials.

 This area is a little sad, but it is a work in progress.  This burm lost a few big trees.  The multi trunked tree in the back is a Mulberry... that loves to leave my dogs paws purple from the berry juice.  It gets stinky during the hot summer time.  I just replanted 3 of the wild lillies... so some of their leaves are brown, and they look very sad.  But they all are blooming right now, can't see it in this picture though!
I love this shot.  The wagon was given to Bubba from my father-in-law.  However, it's probably the depth of the cart portion(well more reasons than one), but I can't seem to get any shade flowers growing in there.  Often when I go out there to water, the dirt is dug up, the plants are popping out of there spot and there are a lot of holes just randomly dug, everywhere.  I think it is one of the squirrels dirt pit playgrounds.  Oh well, it still is a very cute secret garden ornament!

In my garden there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The thoughts grow as freely as the flowers, and the dreams are as beautiful. ~Abram L. Urban



No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin