Wednesday, June 13, 2012

It's a Gourd Day!

Sure, give me a paint brush, some acrylic bottles of paint and an idea ☼....

I can just about paint on anything!!!  Case in point.  Last week when I was in Wisconsin my dad pulled out a box full of his 'pride & joy'... gourds that he has grown for the past few summers.  I got to see each and everyone... all shapes and sizes.  My SIL commented for my dad's 80th birthday book that I showed you in April,  " The Birdhouse gourds.  They are his babies.  He coddles and counts them all summer.  You know you are important when he gives you some seeds ".  I got more than seeds, I got 3 of those babies to paint.... and here is what I came up with.
I thought about trying to cut a hole in them and actually make them into functioning bird houses... but honestly, whomever receives them probably wouldn't put them outside.  Plus I don't know 'yet' how to create the hole.... so I just painted them.
As I've said... I'm a 'good' doodler... but when it comes to painting.... I still have me some learning to do.  Oh sure... you can tell what it is... but brushes, brushes, brushes and technique..... and I don't quite have them.  Here is a monarch flying amongst the??? snap dragons & leaves.
 A red cardinal perched among the ???cherry blossoms???
A southwest color blocking scheme... if you like that kind of thing!  :)

So, there you go dad!  I painted the three gourds for you.  Better come and get them and then, give them away as gifts!!!!

Happiness is like a butterfly;
the more you chase it, the more it will elude you,
but if you turn your attention to other things it will
come and sit softly on your shoulder~ Thoreau
(if only it were so simple)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin