Friday, September 04, 2009

A baby card and a binded sketch book

Well, I'm shocked and amazed to have created 2 baby cards last week. Only for the fact I don't know anyone having a baby, so my stock of baby cards is blossoming! I don't think other than a special order has anyone requested a baby card in more than a year! I love this image from SU! It's so fun to draw the wee one's stuff on the line with cloths pins and color in those baby pastels!

And for Kim.... who is in an online class with book binding.... wanted to 'show off' my bound book that I made in college... it's about 25 years old and I don't remember all the details. It measures 9-1/2" w and 12-1/2" h. If you look hard enough, the front cover is a negative film roll with the image of snow covered trees (turn the image 90 degree to the right and you might see it) We stitch bound all the pages and used a special binding glue and strap on the end.

Open it up and you'll see a marbelized paper still holding up!! If I recall, we didn't use a marble but swirled the paper in the water with drops of ink.

And then inside, I found about 10 sheets of used paper. One is a self portrait. I think I was trying to look real serious back then!

I don't understand the purpose of the line, "I don't need to drink to have fun." Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

1 comment:

K Hutchinson said...

OMG I love your baby card! Way to cute! Your BOOK ROCKS! Thanks so much for showing it off! You drawing is awesome too! You are so talented!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin