Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Big Sky

I don't think I have ever stepped a single foot in the 267,339 square miles of the Lone Star State. I will have to put that on my to do list. Visit Texas.... but where? San Antonio? Dallas? Waco? Laredo? Euless? Grapevine??? Houston.... that was the first word spoken from the moon! More land is farmed in Texas than any other state, maybe I'll stop in at the King Ranch... it's bigger than the entire state of Rhode Island! I might see an armadillo or two since it's the state mammal, but probably a lot of sheep since more wool is produced there than any other state. And since everything is bigger in Texas, I will see lots of beautiful big sky!!!

My *'tejas' Cheryl took a beautiful picture of her surroundings in Texas and I decided to Zindorf ( a paper craft brayered ink technique that I learned from Michelle Zindorf) the photo. I am so inspired and love the fact that I know ( well, actually, have access to them through the internet) so many talented and creative people. I just wish I could be around them in person, my life would be so much richer!


* Hasinai Indian word meaning friend translates to TEXAS


2 comments:

Cheryl Houston said...

Don't you even think for one moment you are coming anywhere but to the DFW area! Do you hear me, little lady? You will be in big trouble, Lucy, if you come all the way to Texas and don't come to my area! Just saying!

Anonymous said...

Oh my heaven and stars this is GORGEOUS!!!!! Totally love every each of it! I want to go to Texas only to see the bats! LOL! I know I am one crazy gal! LOL!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin