Wednesday, June 08, 2011

I Feel Silly

Who doesn't love a monkey with a balloon attached to his tail, wishing you a happy birthday.... who???????

Today's topic: Toad Toxicity

Wish I had gotten a picture... but when I need my camera, it's upstairs and I'm outside, or I'm upstairs and it's downstairs in my purse. DH says I should rubber band it to my cell phone... well and yes, my cell has a camera, but it's not easy to upload.. and I love my camera.

Our lab mix, Cooper, who turned 6 yesterday! Happy monkey birthday!!! oh, and we had our 5 year move in anniversary yesterday too.... we've live in Illinois 5 years!! (boo) ...any way... Cooper is a very docile and patient dog. He loves to lay outside waiting for varmints to come near. Lately it's been Chip (chipmunk), up the down spout (hee hee) and now garden toads!! The other day he mouthed a toad...and all of a sudden he is foaming at the mouth, shaking his head and drooling profusely... I looked it up... defense chemicals are emitted... or toad toxins. He just did it again at the beginning of my posting.... if he were a smaller dog... I guess? it could kill him.... I just sprayed his mouth out with the hose.... will he ever learn???? I can't watch the dogs 24/7 when they are outside..... dumb lovable cute dog!!!!! And so, I wish I had my camera.... the foam under his chin looked like a beard! hee hee

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin