Tuesday, June 21, 2011

You've got True Form

Because imitation is the highest form of flattery.... I thought that maybe I would add that to my title on the blog... but I did a little follow up and found this...the higher compliment is to emulate (match or surpass) them, not imitate them. As you can tell, I must have great guilt over copying or CASe-ing all these cards I showcase on my blog. For me, the challenge is re-creating with the materials I have on hand... which means doodling, not stamping... which means using the paper I have in my stash... not going out to purchase the exact brand and style.

Okay, so if I justify it this way... I surpass the original art by adding my cre8tive hand and because in most cases I doodle (or draw) the image, I am truly original to the actual art itself. Do you think that will make it better???

It's going to be a hot day, but it is a beautiful morning. I've been out watering and enjoying the birds chirping and the fresh clean air. I am so fortunate. Some of our bushes and trees seem to have gone wild overnight... branches are popping out all over.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin