Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Once Stumpled Upon a Time

Have I told you yet about this? Stumble Upon (discovery engine that finds the best just for you) and Pinterest (a place to catalog things you love) two very inspirational places I've been introduced to. And the way I mean introduced, is someone on their blog raved about it... so I had to go check it out, and then I got hooked. They are search engines... a place on the World Wide Web that lists like results and calls them hits. If you are IN to knitting, cooking, baking, journaling, fashion, sports, eclectic design, decor, crafts (the list is endless) etc.... you can have fun checking out places other bloggers have been and find way interesting cool stuff!!! Useful... that's debateable!!

So, one day I found this cute owl and just had to CASe them. Theirs was in a rainbow of fun colors maybe 8 owls attached to pillow boxes as a party favor. One way I CASe... is to determine the size (most often cards are 4-1/4 x 5-1/2), find similar materials in my stash and play around with what I have until the card or paper craft looks right. Punches are fun to use... I might not get the exact size but the ideas come close. Sometimes my CASes are a direct hit, and other times I find a new way for the end result!


I do think Stumble Upon and Pinterest are for those people who 15 years ago might have made it to the end of the internet.... for people who have a bit of time on their hands!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin