Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Who Does That?


The owl design above was found on Pinterest. She made hers into party favors on top of a pillow box. I just love the ideas people come up with for punch art... so simple....circles, ovals and hearts and then you put them together and cuteness abounds!! Owls are so in right now in the card making world... along with butterflies... and cute little girls with big shoes and big hair. It's all fun!

At times, so many ideas swirl around in my head... most the time they are none of my own! Ha ha... it's getting to be summer time (finally) and when it's 80 degrees outside at 11 pm, that makes for a warm night inside... so it's hard to fall asleep... listening to the hummmm of the ceiling fan, the click of the oscillating floor fan, the big sweet pups running in his sleep on his bed next to me and the little fuzzy guy trying to find a niche between my feet(come on!).... oh, and of course my husband who is dog tired from his long days of his new gig! My mind just wont quit.

Last night I was thinking about trying to do something fun for Bubba's grad party this weekend. We are suppose to have t-storms.... anyways....I thought it was be nice if all the guests, either by family or individually, however they want.... get a blank greeting card from me that they can doodle or whatever... and they write Bubba a note, a message, a quote, thoughts of encouragement etc.... seal it up... then I take all of them and once I get his address... each week while he's at college he gets a note from someone who has been part of his life!! Stay tuned to see if I can get people to do this!

Plus my mom (mainly), and I... made Bubba a t-shirt quilt. I kept t-shirts of his since he was four and we made it into a dorm room x-long twin quilt. I'm thinking of having everyone sign the back... so when he tucks himself in at night, if he's feeling home sick he can just look on the back and see the love...... pictures to come soon!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin