Monday, June 06, 2011

Cut at a different angle

Found someone in our neighborhood who is a hairstylist out of her home. I like her. She's got spunk!!! Sissy is going to her tomorrow.




One day I thanked her with a cre8tive greeting... well, with the tip inside it... cuz I'm thinking every new person I meet is a potential customer. The next time I went to her, I gave her all my 'old' greetings... ones that didn't make the cut... or hadn't sold... she has a salon at a nursing home and I had read somewhere... not that you want to give them all your left overs... but they like to get cards.... so I gave her a pile... no envelopes... said if she wanted any... please take them... and if she could ask if the retirement community would like them.... I'd rather give them away then have them sit here getting dusty!




Then she said to me she was willing to post my info up on her bulletin board. So, here's the personalized card I made for her... and then I have a flyer with pull tab info. We'll see if that takes me anywhere! :0)




Surprisingly about a month ago I got an interesting phone call on my cell. This guy asked are you PRdesigns... I said yes... he had seen one of my flyers and really liked what I did.... how did I accept payment... I thought it was strange... but I said I take checks, and of course cash. Then he asks what about credit cards... I say... oh no! I'm too small of a company to do anything like that... he says... oh, don't sell yourself so short... your company is going to make it through yadda, yadda, yadda... he was trying to SELL me on whatever it is you need to set up a credit account to receive payment from my customers.... huh? what the hell? Thank you... bye.... the FIRST call I ever receive from my 'advertising'... it's not about me... it's about what he can sell to me.... aaaargh!!!!!



Any who... my version of the spunky stylist... hoping someone might see it and contact me for cardmaking!!!



5 comments:

Hope said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cheryl Houston said...

What about PayPal?

Peggy said...

It's not that I don't want to take a credit card... but the greetings!! start at $2.50... most people if anyone ... buys 2 cards...$5... I never even thought about alternate ways of payment... just because... NO ONE inquires unless I've already given them cards... so it just doesn't make sense to me. :)

Cheryl Houston said...

No, no. I get that. I'm not sure how the PayPal account works for receiving payments. I mean, I don't know if they charge a fee or not. But, what about your card of the month club? That's more than the $5. And hey- I put gum on my debit card! I never have cash. :)

K Hutchinson said...

Your card is adorable! Love it! Dun to fun someone in your neighborhood that cuts hair!

Interesting call...I am only doing cash or checks too...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin