Monday, August 29, 2011

Book Pages Wreath

I'm excited to show you a new paper craft item I found to make (on Pinterest, where people pin their interests) out of pages from an old book. A flower wreath that cost me $1.75 for the wreath shape that I got 50% off at HL. I already had the book, tons of glue stick and the tulle ribbon.

You cut the pages in half, round the corners and then cut a swirl into the paper. Roll up the paper tight around the starting point to make a bud and let it unwind itself, then used the hot glue to hold the bud in place.


Here's the book, I got at Goodwill for about $.50. What's neat about this book is that the pages were already worn all the way around the edges.... I didn't even have to make it look old.


Here's the wreath. I would have preferred a Styrofoam one... but they weren't on sale and cost over $8.... crazy. Note to self: Next Goodwill run, look for wreaths and weathered old books.


Here's what it looks like on the front door. The pages have a cream tone to them. Hubby thought it looked kind of 'plain'. I like it! Sissy even said that maybe she'd take it to her shabbychicbedroom and hang it in there, then!!


Skyped Bubba over the weekend. He's doing great! He got a job in his dorms' cafeteria 6 hours a week. He's met lots of new people from all over the US and even some of the foreign study students. He also found an even partner for tennis. He looks very happy and healthy. Makes me proud!!



1 comment:

K Hutchinson said...

Your wreath totally ROCKS!!!! I have never been brave enough to try one! Some day, I will :)

Glad to hear that Bubba is doing well :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin