Tuesday, August 02, 2011

One of our last pictures on the beach of our summer vacation on Hilton Head Island 2011. We had just finished dinner of crab cake sandwiches, lobster grilled cheese and broiled scallops at a locals Main Street Cafe. the cafe got rave reviews on Trip Advisor ... we admit it was very delish and friendly... and wanted to get back to the beach for one last walk on the beautiful white sand and warm Atlantic water.... the sun was setting on the other side of the island and we needed to move fast if we wanted to get any pictures. Good thing our 'daddy' has long arms to get us all in the picture!

This is my version of slowly working into to collage art. I think I need to take a class, or get tips from my collage artist friends. I stamped the background paper and inked it... and then with some glimmer mist something like Mod Podge... I put my text on. The card is really stiff.... I like the machine stitching around the edges and the pretty heart eyelet. Fun 'love' card. Hear the words sung by Faith Hill.


Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like vacation is wonderful! SMILE!

Your collage card is awesome! Love it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin