Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Favorite Emotion

It's getting better! The food is not disappearing as fast. It's very strange. The missing of Bubba and the quietness in the house.... well except today we are having a new roof put on... it is very, very VERY noisy!!!

On my street alone there are 3 (in the cluster of three houses across from each other) of us who sent our oldest off to college in the past week. On the street behind them, two more homes are one less. I thought I needed to do something for us moms. It's like we are all part of a new club.... semi-empty nesters... the first one's flown the coop to college... and ironically the 2nd one.... we've all got new drivers in the house too.

Although we are no where near BFF's, I just wanted to put something together as maybe a common acknowledgement of being in the same position.

I really wanted the bird kicking the little one or gently guiding it out of the nest... but the silly falling and flapping works too. A little doodle and a bit of Stickle Glitter on the baby bird.

Inside it reads: Laughter through tears is my favorite emotion.
- Steel Magnolias


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin